The international photo contest “Mother and Children in national costumes” is designed to demonstrate the national flavor of the peoples of Russia, CIS countries and foreign countries by expressing the diversity of their nation’s culture through national costume, with the help of talented works of photo artists. Our project is conceived in order to remember and tell about the history, traditions and culture of different nationalities through the national costume of mothers and children.
The implementation of the activities of this project is aimed at helping to preserve the national identity of the peoples of Russia, CIS countries and foreign countries in the conditions of the increasing pace of globalization of society. Within the framework of this project, it is planned to organize and hold an international photo contest “Mother and children in national costumes”.
At the initial stage of the project, the organizing committee will prepare the main provisions of the event, outline the criteria and conditions for the selection of competitive works and provide support for regional qualifying stages in the Russian Federation, CIS countries and foreign countries. Project development:
- Mothers and children are involved in the project, dads, grandmothers, grandfathers and other family members can also take part in the photo shoot
- The participants of the photo contest independently choose national costumes for photography.
- Preparation and distribution of informational letters with the Regulations of the Festival to the relevant organizations in Russia, CIS countries and foreign countries. Informational support of the organizers and participants of the regional qualifying stages of the project, coverage of events on social networks and on the project portal.
- Based on the results of the correspondence selection, 200 finalists’ works will be selected, which will be presented in the catalog.
- The professional jury is formed of cultural and artistic figures, specialists in decorative and applied arts, artists, photographers, designers, fashion designers.
- The photo exhibition will be held in Moscow, where 50 winners will be awarded, who will be awarded with winners’ cups and winners’ diplomas. Each participant whose work will be selected will receive diplomas of the finalist in electronic form.
- A catalog will be created based on the results of the competition .
- It is planned to register at least 1000 participants from the regions of the Russian Federation, CIS countries and abroad on the website.
- The project team will ensure the development and content of the information portal (website) of the photo contest.
- According to the results of the qualifying rounds, in October 2022 in Moscow, an international photo exhibition “Mother and children in national costumes” will be held at the site of the International Festival “By the Hands of a Woman”. At this event, the works of the winners of the photo contest will be marked and awarded. It is planned to involve experts in the field of photographic art and the history of national costumes in the implementation of the project activities.
The jury of the competition
- Viewing the works of the contest participants takes place in absentia (remote) forms on the terms of publicity and openness. The electronic jury evaluates and recommends photo works in the amount of 200 finalists’ works.
- The competent jury consists of members of creative unions, artists, art historians, designers, representatives of public organizations.
- Acceptance of applications for participation in the competition until August 25, 2022.
- The jury’s decision is not discussed and is not subject to revision